Privacy and confidentiality
This collection notice outlines how The Today Initiative Pty Ltd (ACN 613 936 860) ("We") collects and handles your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information and manage your personal information. We will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with us. We explain below when and how we may collect, use and disclose this information. It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let us know when information you have provided to us has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide a product or service;
- to assist in providing information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (such as loyalty partners) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to manage accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against us and/or to manage any legal action involving us;
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; and
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, we may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
Information required by law
We may be required by relevant laws to collect certain information from you. We may collect information from you because we are required or authorised by an Australian law or court or tribunal order to collect that information. We will tell you if collection is required or authorised by law and provide you with details of the law, court or tribunal order.
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
- participants in the provision of services (including payment organisations and merchants);
- an organisation that is in an arrangement with us to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with us to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or us to provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
- any agent, contractor or service provider we engage to carry out or assist its functions and activities (for example, mailing houses);
- any related entity which may use the information to: carry out its functions and activities; promote its own products and services; assess your application for one of its products or services; manage your product or service; perform administrative and operational tasks; or comply with regulatory requirements;
- an organisation that assists us to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties we are authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, contact us at email@example.com to withdraw your consent.
We may disclose information to recipients (including service providers and our related entities) which are (1) located outside Australia and/or (2) not established in or do not carry on business in Australia.
- the circumstances in which we may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we have breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we will deal with those matters.
Collecting sensitive information
We will not collect sensitive information about you without your consent.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this clause so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed by us in connection with your dealings with us.